“By meeting an aggressive timetable we are able to capitalize on the wind production tax credits to the benefit of our customers in providing a clean, cost-effective energy resource,” said Minnesota Power Chief Operating Officer Brad Oachs.
Since 2005, Minnesota Power has been rebalancing its energy supply mix in ways that are smart, sensible and sustainable for its customers and the environment. With the addition of Bison 2 and 3 the company has achieved a 20 percent renewable mix and is well on its way to meeting Minnesota’s renewable energy goal that utilities provide 25 percent of their energy through renewable means by 2025. The company entered the wind energy business in 2006 and 2007 when it began purchasing the entire 98-MW output of the Oliver 1 and Oliver 2 wind farms built and operated by NextEra Energy in North Dakota. In 2008, Minnesota Power built its first wind farm, the 25-MW Taconite Ridge, on property owned by its largest electric customer, U.S. Steel, in Mountain Iron, Minn.
Minnesota Power provides electric service within a 26,000-square-mile area in northeastern Minnesota, supporting comfort, security and quality of life for 144,000 customers, 16 municipalities and some of the largest industrial customers in the United States. More information can be found at www.mnpower.com.
The statements contained in this release and statements that ALLETE may make orally in connection with this release that are not historical facts, are forward-looking statements. Actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties and investors are directed to the risks discussed in documents filed by ALLETE with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV