SALT LAKE CITY, Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dynatronics Corporation (Nasdaq: DYNT) today announced that on December 17, 2012, at the Company's annual meeting, the shareholders approved a one-for-five reverse stock split of the Company's common stock. Approximately 93% of the votes cast were in favor of the reverse split which becomes effective today.
"After careful analysis, our board of directors determined that the best course of action for shareholders was to maintain our Nasdaq listing where we have traded for the past 28 years," stated Kelvyn H. Cullimore, Jr., chairman and president of Dynatronics. "Our research showed that staying on Nasdaq provides greater liquidity through higher trading volumes, as well as tighter spreads between bid and ask prices, more market makers and overall better investor confidence compared to trading in the over-the-counter market as a result of being delisted from Nasdaq."
The Company has a number of positive developments which management believes should bode well for the Company's future performance. "This week, we are completing the expansion of our California operation into a new, larger facility in Livermore, CA to better serve our west coast customers," reported Cullimore. "Beginning today, we will be operating from that new facility which will allow greater operating efficiencies than our previous facility. In addition, our new SolarisPlus line of therapy devices is being well received by the market. October was a very profitable month for the Company and should result in earnings for the quarter ended December 31 st improving significantly over the same period last year."
The Company is also working on expanding its distribution channels over the coming quarters and will introduce a record number of new products in fiscal year 2013. "We expect these expansion plans and new product introductions to lead us to higher profits in the coming year," he added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV