Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ: SWKS), an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors enabling a broad range of end markets, announced that it is powering the world’s smallest 4G LTE datacards from ZTE with its newest family of antenna switch modules. Skyworks’ devices, which combine switching functionality for multiple LTE bands along with integrated GSM harmonic filters and control circuitry, are also supporting several new smartphone and tablet platforms from other leading OEMs.
Already available in Asia and Europe, the ZTE MF823 datacard offers consumers fast and easy Internet connectivity. Utilizing Qualcomm’s second generation LTE chip platform, the datacard is only 13 millimeters thick – nearly one third the size of first generation LTE datacards. The average power consumption of the MF823 has also been greatly reduced – using one third less power and improving radiating properties with the lowest working temperature in the industry. The datacard has also been optimized in terms of high bandwidth, low delay and high communication rate to reduce dropped calls and data.
“Skyworks is delighted to be partnering with ZTE on solutions that enable high speed Internet access without the need for a fixed line Internet connection or public WiFi hotspot,” said Bradley C. Byk, senior vice president, worldwide sales at Skyworks. “Our collaboration with ZTE is yet another example of how we partner with leading customers to deliver comprehensive, high quality, low cost and flexible solutions.”
With this latest design win, Skyworks continues to expand its partnership with ZTE, a leading global provider of telecommunications equipment and network solutions, across multiple platforms including the Grand Era V985 smartphone, the Vodafone-branded Smart Tab V71 and V11 tablets and two TD-SCDMA smartphones launched with China Unicom.About Skyworks’ Solutions Supporting ZTE
- SKY13404-466LF: a 0.4 – 2.7 gigahertz (GHz) single pole, 10 throw (SP10T) antenna switch with an integrated general purpose input/output interface (GPIO) and dual low-pass harmonic filters.
- SKY13416-485LF: a 0.1 – 3.0 GHz, single pole, six throw antenna diversity switch with high linearity performance and low insertion loss.
- SKY13441: a 0.4 – 2.7 GHz SP10T antenna switch with and integrated GPIO interface and dual low-pass harmonic filters.
- SKY18108-11: a 0.4 – 2.7 GHz single pole, nine throw antenna switch module optimized for GSM/EDGE and TD-SCDMA systems.
- SKY77344: a power amplifier module (PAM) designed in compact form factor for quad-band cellular handsets comprising GSM850/900, DCS1800 and PCS1900.
- SKY77351-13: a PAM designed in compact form factor for quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE cellular handsets.
- SKY77761-12: a PAM for CDMA/WCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+/LTE in Band I that covers 1920 – 1980 megahertz (MHz).
- SKY77768: a PAM for WCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+/LTE in Band VIII that covers 880 – 915 MHz.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts