After two years as an applicant member, ModusLink Global Solutions™ Inc. (NASDAQ: MLNK) has become a full member of the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC), which brings a wide range of companies working in the electronics industry together to collectively address issues of social, ethical and environmental concern in the supply chain. EICC’s membership includes the world’s top brands in consumer electronics, enterprise computing, semiconductors and contract manufacturing and more than 40 percent of these leading companies are ModusLink clients.
EICC members adopt a Code of Conduct and an auditing process that is designed to ensure their company operates in compliance with strict guidelines for labor and human rights, worker safety and health, safeguarding the environment, and doing business with a high degree of integrity. Members are also required to have their direct suppliers implement the Code and ModusLink is one of the first supply chain and logistics providers to join the coalition.
“We have long recognized that social and environmental responsibility is an integral part of providing world class service to our clients,” said Scott Crawley, president, global operations, ModusLink. “In fact, this is so important and so widely recognized in the high-tech industry, that it’s becoming a baseline requirement of doing business. Specifically, the EICC Code of Conduct is important to many of our clients and our membership means electronics companies can quickly and easily engage with us for reliable supply chain and logistics services that are verified to be EICC-compliant.”
In addition to ModusLink’s own CSR initiatives, the Company offers many supply chain and logistics services designed to improved clients’ sustainability efforts including:
- Packaging redesign that can reduce material volume and carbon footprint
- Component and materials sourcing to eliminate hazardous materials
- Postponement that reduces transportation costs and carbon footprint
- Responsible product return, repair and recycling programs, including parts harvesting
- Read more about ModusLink and the EICC on Value Unchained, the blog for supply chain professionals
- Download the ModusLink Corporate Social Responsibility report
- Follow us on Twitter @ModusLink