Demandware®, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, is pleased to announce that Pier 1 Imports, Inc. (NYSE:PIR) has delivered the initial phases of its omni-channel strategy, which includes its new ecommerce-enabled Pier1.com website which launched in July 2012, and its mobile commerce site, both of which are run on the Demandware Commerce platform. Pier 1 Imports now benefits from an enterprise-class, software-as-a-service platform that serves as the digital commerce backbone to connect consumers to its brand regardless of location, device or channel.
Pier 1 Imports Powers Omni-Channel Commerce Operations with Demandware (Photo: Business Wire)
Pier 1 Imports is the original global importer of decorative home furnishings and gifts. Its merchandise is displayed in more than 1,000 Pier 1 Imports stores across the U.S. and Canada in a unique, visually appealing setting. The new Pier 1 Imports digital commerce sites convey the same brand experience found in its stores. Products are displayed in a way that maintains the company’s renowned “treasure hunt” feel, where customers can find long-time favorites, as well as something new with every visit.
“Our goal at Pier 1 Imports is to provide our customers with the best shopping experience possible, and this includes making it easy for them to find the Pier 1 Imports products they love, no matter where or how they shop,” said Laura Coffey, Senior Vice President of Business Development and Strategic Planning for Pier 1 Imports. “With Demandware, we have an omni-channel digital commerce platform that will allow us to continue to delight and inspire our customers across all channels and devices and provide a consistent brand experience.”
Pier 1 Imports’ current omni-channel operations include several Demandware-powered cross-channel shopping experiences, such as:
- Ecommerce Site-to-Store – Consumers purchase products online and pick them up at the U.S. Pier 1 Imports store of their choice without incurring shipping charges.
- Ecommerce Direct Shipping – Consumers purchase products online, have them shipped directly to their location of choice within the continental U.S., and can return online purchases to any Pier 1 Imports store.
- Endless Aisle – While shopping in a Pier 1 Imports store, consumers can browse and purchase merchandise from the company’s broader selection available online, enhancing the customer’s overall shopping experience.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts