Demandware®, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, is pleased to announce that Pier 1 Imports, Inc. (NYSE:PIR) has delivered the initial phases of its omni-channel strategy, which includes its new ecommerce-enabled Pier1.com website which launched in July 2012, and its mobile commerce site, both of which are run on the Demandware Commerce platform. Pier 1 Imports now benefits from an enterprise-class, software-as-a-service platform that serves as the digital commerce backbone to connect consumers to its brand regardless of location, device or channel.
Pier 1 Imports Powers Omni-Channel Commerce Operations with Demandware (Photo: Business Wire)
Pier 1 Imports is the original global importer of decorative home furnishings and gifts. Its merchandise is displayed in more than 1,000 Pier 1 Imports stores across the U.S. and Canada in a unique, visually appealing setting. The new Pier 1 Imports digital commerce sites convey the same brand experience found in its stores. Products are displayed in a way that maintains the company’s renowned “treasure hunt” feel, where customers can find long-time favorites, as well as something new with every visit.
“Our goal at Pier 1 Imports is to provide our customers with the best shopping experience possible, and this includes making it easy for them to find the Pier 1 Imports products they love, no matter where or how they shop,” said Laura Coffey, Senior Vice President of Business Development and Strategic Planning for Pier 1 Imports. “With Demandware, we have an omni-channel digital commerce platform that will allow us to continue to delight and inspire our customers across all channels and devices and provide a consistent brand experience.”
Pier 1 Imports’ current omni-channel operations include several Demandware-powered cross-channel shopping experiences, such as:
- Ecommerce Site-to-Store – Consumers purchase products online and pick them up at the U.S. Pier 1 Imports store of their choice without incurring shipping charges.
- Ecommerce Direct Shipping – Consumers purchase products online, have them shipped directly to their location of choice within the continental U.S., and can return online purchases to any Pier 1 Imports store.
- Endless Aisle – While shopping in a Pier 1 Imports store, consumers can browse and purchase merchandise from the company’s broader selection available online, enhancing the customer’s overall shopping experience.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV