- Thusitha, a microentrepreneur who used her microloan to support her tailoring business. Thusitha is a client of BRAC, the largest development operation in the world. Whole Planet Foundation supports BRAC's microlending programs in Uganda, Tanzania, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka and Pakistan. Through the foundations' support, BRAC has deepened its commitment to entrepreneurship in developing nations by providing microloans to adolescent girls. Notably, in Uganda, BRAC can now provide loans to 15,300 new adolescent borrowers over the next three years.
- Microentrepreneur Luisa who used her microloans to produce artisan goods. Luisa is a client of Pro Mujer, a Whole Planet Foundation partner in Argentina, Bolivia, Mexico, Nicaragua and Peru. Pro Mujer provides women with means to build livelihoods and futures for themselves and their families through small loans, savings and insurance, business training and high-quality, low-cost primary healthcare. The organization serves more than 260,000 women and their one million children and extended family members. Pro Mujer also helps clients prevent and diagnose health problems and provides immediate access to healthcare through its in-center and mobile clinics.
Shoppers Find Easy Ways To Combat Poverty In The Grocery Aisle
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts