MILWAUKEE, Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Johnson Controls, Inc. (NYSE: JCI), a global diversified company in the building and automotive industries, announced today that it expects to post higher sales and earnings in fiscal 2013 despite a challenging economic environment.
The Company is presenting its fiscal 2013 forecast to financial analysts today in New York. Highlights include:
- Consolidated net sales of approximately $43.5 billion, up 3 to 4 percent
- Year-on-year segment income improvement of approximately 10%
- Diluted earnings per share of approximately $2.60 to $2.70, which is level to 4 percent higher than fiscal 2012
- Sales and segment income improvement in all four of its businesses
- Continued capital investment to support growth and margin expansion opportunities
From a market perspective, Johnson Controls said that compared with 2012 markets, it expects slightly higher 2013 automotive production in North America and China with lower production in Europe. Global non-residential construction spending is forecast to be relatively flat in 2013 as strength in emerging markets, especially Asia, offsets anticipated softness in North America and Europe.
The Company said it believes it is positioned to grow faster than its underlying markets with improved profitability over the long term."While we recognize the challenges of the near-term global economy, we believe our unique strengths will enable Johnson Controls to outperform our underlying markets. We have added management capacity and depth with talent from outside JCI to further leverage of our competitive advantages," said Stephen A. Roell, chairman and chief executive officer of Johnson Controls. "The company continues to benefit from growth opportunities stemming from our investments in technology and global expansion. We remain committed to investing for future growth and profit improvement and are confident that our 2013 strategies and improvement initiatives position us to improve shareholder value over the long term." 2013 Business Segment Financial Outlook Johnson Controls provided sales and margin guidance for each of its four business units in 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV