- Net sales grew 6 percent to $4.88 billion. Acquisitions together with the recently assumed Yoplait Canada business contributed 4 points of net sales growth.
- Segment operating profit grew 10 percent to $959 million.
- Diluted earnings per share (EPS) totaled 82 cents, up from 67 cents a year ago.
- Adjusted diluted EPS, which excludes certain items affecting comparability, totaled 86 cents this year compared to 76 cents in last year’s second quarter. (Please see Note 8 to the consolidated financial statements below for reconciliation of this non-GAAP measure).
General Mills Reports Fiscal 2013 Second Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.