Life Technologies is also introducing two additional products, capping a year of extraordinary innovation that made the Ion PGM™ Sequencer the fastest-selling sequencer in the world:
- The Ion Total RNA-Seq Kit for AB Library Builder™, which is designed to make cDNA library preparation for the semiconductor sequencing simple, fast and flexible. The Ion Total RNA-Seq Library Kit for AB Library Builder™ System enables the construction of cDNA libraries from both whole transcriptome and purified small RNA (miRNA) populations, allowing researchers to analyze all types of RNA molecules.
- The Thermo Scientific® MuSeek™ Library Preparation Kit, provides a fast and simple transposon-based method for preparing high-quality genomic DNA libraries for the Ion PGM™ Sequencer. The kit utilizes MuA transposase enzyme for fragmentation and simultaneous tagging of the target DNA, eliminating the need for separate shearing and adaptor ligation steps. Life Technologies is excited to offer this new kit, which enables library construction in as little as 90 minutes, resulting in significant savings in time and cost.
The Ion Torrent products discussed in this press release are for Research Use Only, not for use in diagnostic procedures.
About Life Technologies Life Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: LIFE) is a global biotechnology company with customers in more than 160 countries using its innovative solutions to solve some of today's most difficult scientific challenges. Quality and innovation are accessible to every lab with its reliable and easy-to-use solutions spanning the biological spectrum, with more than 50,000 products for agricultural biotechnology, translational research, molecular medicine and diagnostics, stem cell-based therapies, forensics, food safety and animal health. Its systems, reagents and consumables represent some of the most cited brands in scientific research including: Ion Torrent™, Applied Biosystems®, Invitrogen™, Gibco®, Ambion®, Molecular Probes®, Novex®, and TaqMan®. Life Technologies employs approximately 10,400 people and upholds its ongoing commitment to innovation with more than 4,000 patents and exclusive licenses. LIFE had sales of $3.7 billion in 2011. Visit us at our website: http://www.lifetechnologies.com.
Life Technologies' Safe Harbor Statement This press release includes forward-looking statements about our anticipated results that involve risks and uncertainties. Some of the information contained in this press release, including, but not limited to, statements as to industry trends and Life Technologies' plans, objectives, expectations and strategy for its business, contains forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Any statements that are not statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements. When used, the words "believe," "plan," "intend," "anticipate," "target," "estimate," "expect" and the like, and/or future tense or conditional constructions ("will," "may," "could," "should," etc.), or similar expressions, identify certain of these forward-looking statements. Important factors which could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are detailed in filings made by Life Technologies with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Life Technologies undertakes no obligation to update or revise any such forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110216/MM49339LOGO) Media Contacts: Wes ConardLife Technologies Corporation firstname.lastname@example.org 415-385-4455 SOURCE Life Technologies
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV