Do Point Tracker Programs Really Work?
Whenever possible, we pay with credit and then pay off the balance each month to earn more rewards. I love seeing how many points and miles I've earned when I open my statement each month. But as much of a thrill as I get from getting the points, I have forgotten to cash out countless rewards points over the years and misplaced my rewards numbers for all of my loyalty programs more times than I am going to admit. So when I heard about UsingMiles.com, a website that helps manage, use and earn even more rewards points from a variety of loyalty programs including rewards credit cards, I was intrigued.
Managing credit card rewards points and more
Before signing up, I gave Krista Paul, founder and vice president of marketing for UsingMiles.com, a call to learn more about the website. Speaking to me from Denver, Colo., Krista told me a few years ago, she went to redeem her frequent flier miles, and learned that over 26,000 miles had expired and she was unable to get them back without paying a hefty fee. "I was so mad about the airline miles and then realized that I had probably lost hotel points in the past that I didn't even know about," says Paul. To keep the same fate from happening to others, she started the website and included the feature that sends an email to users when points are about to expire.
An easy-to-use dashboard and a free pastryI was impressed that UsingMiles.com has over 230 different participating loyalty programs including credit cards, airlines, hotels and even brand loyalty programs like My Coke Rewards. I was a little surprised to see only ten credit card loyalty programs on the list, but then remembered that Krista had told me that the site had just started supporting credit cards two months ago and was adding more daily.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV