NEW YORK, Dec. 18, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The producers of the "12-12-12" concert, which was presented by Chase, announced that the Robin Hood Foundation will distribute the first $50M of initial proceeds for "12-12-12" to organizations helping to aid victims of Hurricane Sandy. Fundraising efforts have included ticket sales, sponsorships, telephone and web donations and merchandise with additional money still coming in and being distributed to aid the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Additional "12-12-12" contributions and proceeds from online auctions of exclusively signed memorabilia, iTunes sales - which peaked at #1 on the iTunes chart as a pre-order, U.S. network broadcast of concert, DVD and CD sales, as well as continuing merchandise sales and additional revenue streams are expected.
The event producers issued the following joint statement: "The historic '12-12-12' concert to benefit the victims of Hurricane Sandy was the largest concert event to ever hit the stage at Madison Square Garden, featuring the biggest names in music and the world's leading entertainers. We are forever grateful to the unlimited generosity that was shown to the people of the tri-state area from around the world. Through the collective efforts of the participating artists, celebrities, corporate partners and sponsors we will be able to make a meaningful difference for so many of our neighbors who were affected across the tri-state area. We thank everyone who made the event a resounding success."
Thanks to the generosity of concert organizers, sponsors, and Robin Hood's board of directors, every single penny from ticket purchases and donations will go to organizations serving the victims of Hurricane Sandy through the Robin Hood Relief Fund. The Robin Hood Relief Fund provides money, material and know-how to local organizations that are serving families and individuals in the regions hardest hit by the storm.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV