Oracle 2Q earnings rise 18 percent to top Wall Street view
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) â¿¿ Oracle quarterly earnings rose 18 percent as companies splurged on more software and other technology toward the end of the year.
The results announced Tuesday are an improvement from Oracle's previous quarter, when the business software maker's revenue dipped slightly from a year earlier.The latest quarter covered September through November. That makes Oracle the first technology bellwether to provide insights into corporate spending since the Nov. 6 re-election of President Barack Obama and negotiations to avoid the so-called fiscal cliff began to heat up in Washington. ___ Instagram says users' photos won't appear in ads SAN FRANCISCO (AP) â¿¿ Instagram says it will revise a planned update to its service agreement after confusion about its intent led to a flood of user complaints. At issue is whether users' photos can be part of advertisements, on or off Instagram. The mobile photo-sharing company said in a blog post Tuesday that it has no plans to put users' photos in advertisements. Still, Instagram maintains that it was created to become a business and would like to experiment with various kinds of advertisements. ___ Smartphone makers post wins on separate continents SAN FRANCISCO (AP) â¿¿ The world's top two smartphone makers have each scored significant victories on different continents that will enable Apple and Samsung to keep selling their products without legal interference this holiday season. Late Monday, a federal judge in San Jose, Calif., rejected Apple Inc.'s demands to block U.S. sales of three smartphones made by Samsung Electronics Corp. The ruling came weeks after a jury found that Samsung infringed six Apple patents. Hours later Samsung announced it was dropping its demands that several European countries prohibit sales of Apple smartphones that Samsung claims infringe its patents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV