SACRAMENTO, Calif., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The McClatchy Company (NYSE-MNI) ("McClatchy") is calling today for the full redemption on January 17, 2013 all of its outstanding 11.50% Senior Secured Notes due 2017 (the "Notes"). The aggregate principal amount outstanding of the Notes is approximately $83.6 million, which amount may be reduced if additional Notes are submitted in the tender offer made by McClatchy for the Notes pursuant to its Amended and Restated Offer to Purchase and Consent Solicitation Statement, dated December 3, 2012, which tender offer expires at 11:59 p.m., New York City time, on December 26, 2012. The CUSIP number for the Notes being called for redemption is 579489AE5. Upon redemption, holders of the Notes will receive the principal amount of the Notes, plus accrued and unpaid interest to but excluding the redemption date, plus the applicable premium. The Notes will be automatically redeemed in full on January 17, 2013, and no further interest will accrue.
A Notice of Redemption is being mailed to all registered holders of the Notes. Copies of the Notice of Redemption may be obtained from The Bank of New York Mellon Trust Company, N.A., by calling 1-800-954-1852.
The McClatchy Company is a leading media company, offering a wide array of print and digital news products in each of the markets it serves. As the third largest newspaper company in the United States, McClatchy's operations include 30 daily newspapers, community newspapers, websites, mobile news and advertising, niche publications, direct marketing, direct mail services and digital marketing solutions. The company's largest newspapers include The Miami Herald, The Sacramento Bee, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, The Kansas City Star, The Charlotte Observer and The News & Observer in Raleigh, N.C. McClatchy is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol MNI.SOURCE The McClatchy Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV