TROY, Mich., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ViSalus, known for its mission of helping people transform their health and fitness through the Body By Vi ™ 90-Day Challenge, today announced that its Founders and majority shareholder Blyth have reached an agreement whereby Blyth increased its ownership in ViSalus from approximately 73% to more than 80% for a payment of $57.4 million to the other members of ViSalus. In addition, the other members of ViSalus have agreed to exchange their membership interests in ViSalus for capital stock of ViSalus, Inc. which will be redeemable in December 2017 for a total redemption price of $147.5 million. ViSalus will also redeem in January, 2013 all of the outstanding interests under its Equity Incentive Plan providing $25.3 million for the founding promoters of ViSalus and terminating the ViSalus EIP program.
The new agreement between Blyth and the other members of ViSalus achieves the mutually-shared objectives of providing ViSalus's Founders and its management team the opportunity to participate in ViSalus's future results through their ongoing ownership and participation in a new management incentive plan.
Ryan Blair, ViSalus's Chief Executive Officer, commented, "Nick, Blake and I are especially pleased to have finalized an agreement that demonstrates our full commitment to the global growth of ViSalus and the opportunity for our Promoters and customers to make an impact on the worldwide obesity epidemic. Our goal is to make ViSalus a household brand by providing a simple, social and achievable method for our customers to reach their health and fitness objectives."Mr. Blair continued, "Today's agreement also highlights the ViSalus/Blyth partnership. We have worked with Blyth for five years now and we plan to work with them for many more".
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV