BILOXI, Miss., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The board of directors of Peoples Financial Corporation (NASDAQ Capital Market: PFBX), parent of The Peoples Bank, declared a regular semiannual cash dividend of $.10 per common share, payable December 31, 2012, to stockholders of record December 28, 2012.
"In view of the uncertainty of the federal tax code going into 2013, our Board of Directors decided to pay the dividend to our shareholders in 2012," said Chevis C. Swetman, chairman of the board and chief executive officer of the holding company and the bank. "At this time, we do not know exactly what the tax rate will be on dividends next year, but we know it will not be any lower than it is now," said Swetman.
Founded in 1896, with $813 million in assets as of September 30, 2012, The Peoples Bank operates 16 branches along the Mississippi Gulf Coast in Hancock, Harrison, Jackson and Stone counties. In addition to a comprehensive range of retail and commercial banking services, the bank also operates a trust and investment services department that has provided customers with financial, estate and retirement planning services since 1936.
The Peoples Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Peoples Financial Corporation, listed on the NASDAQ Capital Market under the symbol PFBX. Additional information is available on the Internet at www.thepeoples.com.This news release contains forward-looking statements and reflects industry conditions, company performance and financial results. These forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risk factors and uncertainties which could cause the Company's actual results and experience to differ from the anticipated results and expectation expressed in such forward-looking statements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV