W. R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE: WRB) today announced that Andrew Steen has been named president of Berkley Canada. The appointment is effective January 7, 2013.
Mr. Steen has more than 20 years of experience in the property casualty insurance industry in Canada. He served most recently as senior vice president and commercial underwriting officer for the Canadian subsidiary of a major property casualty insurer. Mr. Steen graduated with a B.A. from the University of British Columbia and holds a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation.
William R. Berkley, chairman of the board and chief executive officer of W. R. Berkley Corporation, said: "Andrew is an outstanding commercial lines insurance professional with strong relationships in the Canadian specialty insurance market. We are pleased to have him lead our team as we continue to expand in the region."
Berkley Canada, based in Toronto, provides commercial lines, professional liability, surety, and executive risk products to commercial enterprises throughout Canada. Berkley Canada is the trade name for the Canadian branch of Berkley Insurance Company, a member company of W. R. Berkley Corporation. For further information about the products and services available from Berkley Canada, please visit www.berkleycanada.com.Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation is an insurance holding company that is among the largest commercial lines writers in the United States and operates in five segments of the property casualty insurance business: specialty insurance, regional property casualty insurance, alternative markets, reinsurance and international.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV