Dillard’s, Inc. (NYSE: DDS) (“Dillard’s” or “the Company”) settled matters pending with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”) concerning two policies that the EEOC alleged to violate the Americans with Disabilities Act (the “ADA”). One policy, which was abandoned in 2007, required associates to provide a doctor’s note identifying the nature of their medical condition in order to have a medical absence excused. The second policy prescribed a maximum leave period for medical related absences. Neither policy remains in effect. Further, the Company denies that either policy violated the ADA.
However, in order to avoid further protracted litigation with the EEOC over policies that are no longer in effect, Dillard’s determined that the most efficient resolution was to settle with the EEOC. Under the settlement the Company agreed to not reinstate the policies at issue as well as to other injunctive relief, and to establish a Class Fund from which current and former associates who believe they were adversely affected by the policies can make a claim.
Dillard’s will attempt to notify associates who have been identified as potential claimants pursuant to the absence policy through mailings of Claim Forms to their residential addresses. Those associates can also access Claim Forms electronically at www.dillardeeocsettlement.com.
Associates who may be potential claimants pursuant to the maximum leave
policy must have been terminated pursuant to that policy in the period
from May 28, 2008 until the date the Decree is entered by the Court.
Those associates should access Claim Forms electronically at
as they will only receive notice through mailings of Claims Forms to
their residential addresses if they are also potential claimants
pursuant to the absence policy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV