PPG Industries (NYSE:PPG) today announced that it has completed its previously announced acquisition of certain assets of Spraylat Corp., a privately-owned industrial coatings company based in Pelham, N.Y. Financial terms were not disclosed.
The acquisition furthers the capabilities of PPG’s industrial coatings business for both liquid and powder coatings. Spraylat coatings products are used in industrial markets such as automotive parts, architectural powder coatings, transportation, and general industrial niches such as electronic device, metal office furniture and storage, and sign coatings. The company had annual sales of approximately $125 million in 2011.
PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE.(TM)PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in more than 60 countries around the world. Sales in 2011 were $14.9 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:PPG). For more information, visit www.ppg.com.
Bringing innovation to the surface is a trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV