Family Closeness Still a Factor in Choosing a Home's Location Homeowners are willing to give up a lot to get what they want in their next home, but across all generations they don't want to give up being close to their family.
When asked what homeowners 18-59 would be willing to give up for the "must haves" in their next home:
- 52 percent cited being close to public transportation
- 35 percent said they're willing to give up being close to entertainment and shopping
- 28 percent said they would give up being near parks and better schools.
However, the last thing homeowners want to give up is being near their family with only 21 percent saying moving away from their family would be an option.
About the Survey The PulteGroup Home Index (PGHI) survey polled U.S. adult homeowners to understand home size and feature preferences. The survey was conducted online by Russell Research from November 16-19, 2012 among 503 homeowners ages 18–59 across the U.S. At a 95 percent confidence level, the results have a statistical precision of +/- 4.4 percentage points of what they would be if the entire adult population had been polled with complete accuracy. Figures for gender, age, and geography were weighted where necessary to match their actual proportions in the population.About PulteGroup PulteGroup, Inc. (NYSE: PHM), based in Bloomfield Hills, Mich., is one of America's largest homebuilding companies with operations in approximately 60 markets throughout the country. Through its brand portfolio that includes Centex, Pulte Homes and Del Webb, the company is one of the industry's most versatile homebuilders able to meet the needs of multiple buyer groups and respond to changing consumer demand. PulteGroup conducts extensive research to provide homebuyers with innovative solutions and new homes designed for the way people actually live today. As the most awarded homebuilder in customer satisfaction, PulteGroup brands have consistently ranked among top homebuilders in third-party customer satisfaction studies. For more information about PulteGroup, Inc. and PulteGroup brands, go to pultegroupinc.com; www.pulte.com; www.centex.com; www.delwebb.com. SOURCE PulteGroup
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV