Dec. 18, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
NFC & mobile payments
This study presents the current situation of the mobile payment and mobile NFC technology markets. It analyzes the prospects for the market from a technical and economic point of view, by looking at challenges facing the economic models in key areas, including: automation, commerce, advertising, public services and transport.
• How can mobile NFC technology revolutionize payment, transportation and mobile applications?
• Can it generate revenue for the various stakeholders?
• What are some of the issues around NFC technology business models?
• What technical challenges exist that might have a direct impact on mobile NFC business models?
• Could NFC mobile payment be deployed on a large scale?
• What strategies are the major players adopting for implementing mobile NFC technology?
1. Executive Summary 7
1.1. Current status of contactless mobile technology . 8
1.2. Limited new usage, few additional revenues . 9
1.3. Multiple stakeholders vie for the market . 10
2. Methodology 11
3. NFC technology . 13
3.1. Definition . 13
3.2. NFC objects 13
3.3. How it works . 14
3.4. General hardware architecture . 15
3.4.1. NFC tags and cards architecture . 15
3.4.2. Architecture and operation of NFC devices . 16
3.5. Norms and standards . 17
3.6. The Secure Element (SE) 18
3.6.1. The Cardlet 18
3.6.2. Trusted Service Manager (TSM) and personalization . 18
3.6.3. The different types of Secure Element 19
3.7. How NFC works for secure applications 21
3.7.1. Contactless mobile payments (credit/debit card system) . 21
3.7.2. Mobile wallets 25
3.7.3. Transportation and ticketing applications 26
3.8. How NFC works for non-secure applications . 28
3.8.1. Between an NFC mobile device and an NFC tag 28