BOSTON, Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Block & Leviton LLP ( www.blockesq.com), a Boston-based law firm representing investors nationwide, has commenced an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duties by the Board of Directors of Arbitron Inc. ("Arbitron" or the "Company") (NYSE: ARB) with regards to the acquisition of the Company by Nielsen Holdings N.V. ("Nielson") (NYSE: NLSN).
Under the terms of the agreements, Nielsen will acquire each outstanding share of Arbitron for $48 per share in cash. The transaction has a total approximate value of $1.26 billion. This represents just a 24% premium to the stock's recent high of $38.59 on December 10, 2012, and the Company stock price had increased nearly ten percent in the past month alone. Indeed, the Company's most recent financial reports show that revenue has increased nearly ten percent, as are Arbitron's total current assets in comparison to the previous year.
Block & Leviton's investigation seeks to determine, among other things, whether Arbitron's Directors breached their fiduciary duties by failing to maximize shareholder value in the proposed acquisition, disclosing all material benefits and costs and obtaining full and fair consideration for Company shareholders as well as the fairness of the process by which the Arbitron Directors considered and approved the transaction.
If you are an Arbitron shareholder and have questions about your legal rights, or if you have information relevant to this investigation, please contact attorney Philip Marino, at (617) 398-5600 or email him at Philip@blockesq.com.Block & Leviton is a Boston-based law firm representing investors nationwide for violations of securities laws. The firm's lawyers have collectively been prosecuting securities cases on behalf of investors for over 50 years. This notice may constitute attorney advertising. Contact:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV