"The Operation Brighter Future – Detroit initiative supports Ford's work to build a better world," said Mark Fields, chief operating officer, Ford Motor Company. "We are excited to contribute this $10 million investment toward services and support that will empower families and strengthen the community."
Other initiatives in Operation Brighter Future – Detroit include:
- Donation to the Public Safety Foundation of two F-Series chassis, which will be turned into new ambulances for the city of Detroit
- Support for Greening of Detroit and its projects to turn abandoned sites into parks
- Funding for the Detroit Summer Youth Employment program that provides training and work experience for youth ages 14 to 21
"This is very exciting news for the city and our residents," said Detroit Mayor Dave Bing. "I am extremely grateful for Ford Motor Company Fund's commitment to make such a generous investment in our neighborhoods. The Fund's emphasis on jobs, recreation centers, youth and educational opportunities is in line with my administration's plans to improve the quality of life for all of our citizens. We need partners like Ford Motor Company Fund to help us transform Detroit."
About Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services works with community partners to advance driving safety, education and community life. For more than 60 years, Ford Motor Company Fund has operated with ongoing funding from Ford Motor Company. The award-winning Ford Driving Skills for Life program teaches new drivers through a variety of hands-on and interactive methods. Innovation in education is encouraged through national programs that enhance high school learning and provide college scholarships and university grants. Through the Ford Volunteer Corps, 25,000 Ford employees and dealers work on projects each year that better their communities in more than 20 countries. For more information, visit www.community.ford.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV