- Continued reduction of greenhouse gases, energy use, water use, and solid waste in Dean Foods operations. The company announced revised environmental sustainability goals in mid-2012, and detail on yearly progress and reduction methods are available in the report.
- Employment of advanced technology and innovative methods to reduce the environmental impact of the Dean Foods transportation and distribution fleet, one of the largest refrigerated fleets in the nation.
- Achievement by 18 Dean Foods processing plants of the ENERGY STAR® Challenge for Dairy in just two years, meeting the five-year goal to reduce energy use by 10 percent three years early.
- Advancements made in the company's dairy stewardship program, including the formation of an industry-leading Animal Welfare Advisory Council that includes expert veterinarians, farmers, scientists, educators, customers and employees.
- Expanded detail of food safety and product quality programs, including internal improvement initiatives, supplier requirements, third-party audits, and adherence to federal regulations.
Dean Foods Issues 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.