DALLAS, Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dean Foods (NYSE: DF) today announced the release of its 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report. The report details the company's efforts to incorporate sustainable and responsible business practices that benefit the company as well as consumers, retailers, employees, communities and the environment. The company previously published reports in 2008 and 2010 and this year has moved to a web-based format to provide a greater level of detail and allow for more regular updating of its CSR reporting.
"We take pride in our role as a responsible corporate citizen," said Gregg Tanner, CEO of Dean Foods. "We know that doing the right thing is the best thing for our business. From reducing our carbon footprint to improving the safety of our employees, we are committed to keeping corporate responsibility an integral part of our work."
Highlights from the 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report include:
- Continued reduction of greenhouse gases, energy use, water use, and solid waste in Dean Foods operations. The company announced revised environmental sustainability goals in mid-2012, and detail on yearly progress and reduction methods are available in the report.
- Employment of advanced technology and innovative methods to reduce the environmental impact of the Dean Foods transportation and distribution fleet, one of the largest refrigerated fleets in the nation.
- Achievement by 18 Dean Foods processing plants of the ENERGY STAR® Challenge for Dairy in just two years, meeting the five-year goal to reduce energy use by 10 percent three years early.
- Advancements made in the company's dairy stewardship program, including the formation of an industry-leading Animal Welfare Advisory Council that includes expert veterinarians, farmers, scientists, educators, customers and employees.
- Expanded detail of food safety and product quality programs, including internal improvement initiatives, supplier requirements, third-party audits, and adherence to federal regulations.
The 2012 Dean Foods Corporate Responsibility Report is available online at http://www.deanfoods.com/responsibility.ABOUT DEAN FOODS Dean Foods is a leading food and beverage company in the United States. The Company's Fresh Dairy Direct segment is one of the nation's largest processors and direct-to-store distributors of fluid milk marketed under more than 50 local and regional dairy brands and private labels. Fresh Dairy Direct also distributes ice cream, cultured products, juices, teas, bottled water and other products. Morningstar Foods is a leading warehouse delivery dairy business that produces and sells traditional and specialty dairy items, including cultured dairy products, ice cream mixes, coffee creamers, aerosol whipped toppings, traditional and value-added milks, and blended iced beverages to retailers and foodservice providers nationwide. Dean Foods also holds a majority interest in The WhiteWave Foods Company, which produces and sells an array of nationally and internationally branded plant-based foods and beverages, coffee creamers and beverages, and premium dairy products. WhiteWave brands - including Silk®, Horizon Organic®, International Delight®, and LAND O LAKES® - are category leaders and consumer favorites. Alpro is the pan-European leader in branded soy food and beverage products with the Alpro® soya and Provamel® brands. For more information about Dean Foods, visit www.deanfoods.com. CONTACT: Corporate Communications, Jamaison Schuler, +1-214-721-7766; or Investor Relations, Barry Sievert, +1-214-303-3438 SOURCE Dean Foods
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts