NEW YORK, Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- McCann Worldgroup today announced the formation of McCann ExtraBoldCondensed (McCann XBC), a division built around one of the agency's largest global clients, MasterCard. Joyce King Thomas, the former chief creative officer of McCann New York and a co-creator of the MasterCard "Priceless" campaign in 1997, returns to McCann Worldgroup and will serve as President, McCann XBC.
McCann XBC, based in New York, offers both the focus of a small, integrated team and the scale of McCann, regardless of geography and in tandem with all the IPG agencies currently servicing MasterCard in over 112 markets around the world. This line-up of IPG agencies includes McCann Erickson, R/GA, Octagon, UM and MRM.
"MasterCard has become over the years one of the most valuable brands in the world," said Alfredo Gangotena, CMO, MasterCard. "With the passion of Joyce and the assemblage of talent, I am very excited about the future as we continue to build one of the most iconic brands in the world."
The McCann XBC leadership team will include, in addition to Joyce King Thomas as President: Richard O'Leary, currently global account director for MasterCard, as Managing Director; and Devika Bulchandani, managing director for global strategy, as Global Strategy Director. McCann XBC will report to Luca Lindner, President, Americas, Middle East and Africa, McCann Worldgroup."MasterCard is a great brand and we are proud of the work we have done and are excited about the opportunity to build on its iconic status," said Lindner. "The world is an infinitely more complex place than it was when we began. McCann XBC was created to turn that complexity into opportunity. And to ensure that MasterCard is getting ideas that propel their business forward, in every country, in every medium."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV