GROTON, Conn., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Navy has awarded General Dynamics Electric Boat a $47.7 million contract modification to perform routine maintenance and modernization work on the USS Toledo (SSN-769), a Los Angeles-class attack submarine. Electric Boat is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
Under the terms of the contract, Electric Boat will plan and perform a dry-docking selected restricted availability, which consists of maintenance work, alterations and modernization activities required to ensure the submarine is operating at full technical capacity. The work will take place at the Electric Boat shipyard in Groton and involve up to 300 employees. The work is scheduled for completion in September 2013.
The contract was initially award in May 2012 and has a potential value of $65 million if all options are exercised.
More information about General Dynamics is available at www.generaldynamics.com.SOURCE General Dynamics Electric Boat
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV