Fortune Brands Home & Security
There's no two ways about it -- it's been a stellar year for shareholders of Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): shares of the $4.8 billion home improvement and security stock have rallied more than 74% since the first trading day in January. And now, it looks like Fortune could be headed even higher in 2013...
That's because shares are currently forming an ascending triangle pattern, a bullish setup that's formed by horizontal resistance to the upside and uptrending support below shares. As FBHS bounces in between those two lines, it's getting squeezed closer and closer to a breakout above that $30 resistance level. When the breakout happens, traders have a buy signal for this stock.
As close as FBHS is to that $30 breakout level right now, this trade looks likely to trigger this week; that's why it's worth keeping a close eye on. The 50-day moving average has acted as a pretty good proxy for support in the last two months, so it's a logical place to put a protective stop below.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV