BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- Could a fiscal cliff deal be stuffing investors' stockings before the end of the month? The probabilities of that happening are starting to look up after the latest update on the negotiations between President Obama and Speaker Boehner.
A quick resolution would put an end to one of the biggest barriers to a stock rally right now, quelling some of the extra anxiety that investors are shouldering. With the New Year fast approaching, investors are getting reminded of 2012's bullish first quarter price action. Thanks to a number of structural similarities between then and now, we could very well see a repeat performance when the calendar flips over to 2013.
That's why we're taking a technical look at the five setups that have the tradable price setups right now.For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. >>5 "Magic Formula" Stocks for 2013 So, without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV