ATLANTA, Dec.18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Atlantic Trust, the private wealth management division of Invesco Ltd. (NYSE: IVZ), hosted its inaugural Invest for the Future and GenNext Summit in Boston on December 6-7, 2012. This event engaged multiple generations of the firm's client families, with more than 75 family members from 42 cities across 15 states in attendance. Sessions ran concurrently for:
- Primary and second generation wealth creators and owners, those with established families and careers, who participated in the Invest for the Future sessions, and
- Next generation wealth owners and young leaders in their 20's and 30's, who participated in the GenNext sessions.
Atlantic Trust assembled speakers across an array of disciplines—bringing together 19 external investment managers and family wealth experts, along with 20 internal experts—to present compelling, timely insights. Invest for the Future session topics ranged from investment risks and opportunities in developed and emerging economies, enhanced yield, energy and the life sciences to wealth transfer and family legacy planning. The GenNext session offered an interactive, intellectually stimulating curriculum, engaging next generation wealth owners in financial and leadership education—the kind that addressed their specific needs and interests.
"A remarkable wealth transition is occurring, with an estimated $30 trillion changing hands from one generation to the next over the coming 30 years*," said Chairman and CEO Jack Markwalter. "This conference officially launched Atlantic Trust's GenNext initiative, through which the firm will partner with client families to help prepare the next generation to steward, contribute to and carry on the family's wealth, heritage, values and legacy."Invest for the Future and GenNext Summit Featured SpeakersHosted by Atlantic Trust Chairman and CEO Jack Markwalter, Chief Investment Officer David Donabedian and Chief Fiduciary Officer Linda Beerman, the Summit featured:
- Paul Appleby, CFA, Managing Director and Head of Fixed Income's Leveraged Finance Team, Prudential Fixed Income
- Patricia Bannan, CFA, Managing Director and Co-Manager, Disciplined Equity Strategy, Atlantic Trust
- Cathy Becker, CFA, Vice President and Senior Investment Analyst, Mid-Cap Growth Equity Strategy, Atlantic Trust
- Edward Bunn, Managing Director and Senior Relationship Manager, Atlantic Trust
- Scott Burg, CFA, CAIA, Multi-Manager Investment Program Senior Analyst, Atlantic Trust
- Charles de Vaulx, Chief Investment Officer and Portfolio Manager, International Value Advisers
- Timothy Delaney, Senior Vice President and Senior Relationship Manager, Atlantic Trust
- Vilas Dhar, Partner, Dhar Law LLP
- Juan Enriquez, Managing Director, Excel Venture Management
- Martina Frangis, Managing Director and Senior Relationship Manager, Atlantic Trust
- Ric Fulop, General Partner, North Bridge Venture Partners
- Sharna Goldseker, Managing Director, 21/64
- James Grubman, PhD, FamilyWealth Consulting
- John Hillen, PhD, President and CEO, Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc.
- Kevin Kenny, Founder and Chief Investment Officer, Emerging Sovereign Group
- Douglas Kimmelman, Senior Partner, Energy Capital Partners
- Alexander Kozhemiakin, PhD, CFA, Managing Director of Emerging Markets Strategies, Standish Mellon Asset Management
- Christopher Lanouette, CFA, Managing Director and Fixed Income Trader, Atlantic Trust
- Andrew Laperriere, CFA, Senior Managing Director, International Strategy and Investment Group
- Christine Lucero, CFP®, Senior Vice President and Wealth Strategist, Atlantic Trust
- Paul McPheeters, CFA, Managing Director and Portfolio Manager, MLP Strategies, Atlantic Trust
- Paulina Mejia, Managing Director and Senior Wealth Strategist, Atlantic Trust
- Peter Newell, Managing Director and Senior Portfolio Advisor, Vontobel Asset Management
- Howard Newman, President and CEO, Pine Brook Partners
- David O'Neil, Founder, Story Trust
- Jay Pearlstein, CFA, Managing Director and Co-Manager, Mid-Cap Growth Equity Strategy, Atlantic Trust
- Jigar Patel, CFA, Senior Vice President and Multi-Manager Investment Program Hedge Fund Senior Analyst, Atlantic Trust
- Gary Pzegeo, CFA, Managing Director and Head of Fixed Income, Atlantic Trust
- Bryan Reilly, Senior Vice President and Senior Investment Analyst, Atlantic Trust
- Ellen Remmer, President and CEO, The Philanthropic Initiative
- Eric Riak, CFP®, Managing Director and Senior Relationship Manager, Atlantic Trust
- Judith Saxe, Managing Director and Senior Wealth Strategist, Atlantic Trust
- David Scott Sloan, Partner, Holland & Knight
- Bas Solleveld, Vice President, Atlantic Trust
- Philip Tasho, CFA, CEO and Chief Investment Officer, TAMRO Capital Partners
- Julia Travers, GenNext Consultant
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV