Datalink (Nasdaq: DTLK), a leading provider of data center infrastructure and services, today announced a major expansion of its managed services portfolio with the addition of unified monitoring and managed infrastructure services for virtual data centers (VDCs). The new services enable organizations that utilize Datalink to design and deploy next-generation VDC architectures to also outsource 24x7 monitoring, reporting, operating, and troubleshooting of all components to Datalink’s dedicated managed services staff. As a result, data center operations are optimized and customers’ IT teams are freed up to focus on strategic initiatives.
Datalink’s expanded services catalog also includes managed archiving, cloud backup, and server offerings. These broad new capabilities are a result of the October 2012 acquisition of Cary, North Carolina-based Strategic Technologies, Inc., (StraTech), as well as Datalink’s continued strategic focus on delivering data center services that help customers maximize the performance and availability of their business-critical computing resources.
The new managed services span performance monitoring, problem identification, analysis, and diagnosis, as well as advanced features designed specifically for converged environments such as NetApp’s FlexPod and EMC’s VSPEX reference architectures.
Those features include:
- Synthetic transaction capabilities that simulate vMotion migration of virtual machines, end user connectivity to the VDC infrastructure, and other system functions to proactively detect problems before they interfere with business operations.
- Multiple daily VM migration tests to ensure that virtual machines can be migrated live to optimize performance or adjust for host failure without service interruption.
- vCheck daily healthcheck reports to proactively identify issues before they impact services.
- Unified dashboards for the VDC architecture, VMware guests and storage that expedite problem resolution to improve time to repair.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV