Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that Dr. Robert Gerszten, a recognized leader in cardiovascular research and biomarker discovery, has received an Agilent Thought Leader Award.
Dr. Gerszten is the director of clinical and translational research at Massachusetts General Hospital’s Institute for Heart, Vascular and Stroke Care. The award will provide his laboratory with funding for personnel. Agilent will also provide technical and scientific expertise in metabolomics, automation and integrated biology in support of Dr. Gerszten’s metabolite profiling study of well-phenotyped human populations, including his work with the Framingham Heart Study.
“Our goal is to identify new metabolites and proteins that mark disease activity, signal disease progression, and ultimately provide targets for therapeutic intervention,” said Dr. Gerszten. “We are grateful that Agilent supports our research and is helping us in our quest to advance translational cardiology.”
“Agilent is proud to support Dr. Gerszten’s research in this pivotal project and further advance progress in the important field of cardiometabolic diseases,” said Agilent CTO Darlene Solomon, the executive sponsor of the award. “By providing support and cutting-edge technologies to leading translational researchers like Dr. Gerszten, we aim to facilitate innovative research and to progress the fields of metabolomics and integrated biology toward improved patient outcomes.”The Agilent Thought Leader Award program promotes fundamental advances by contributing philanthropic financial support, products and expertise to the research of thought leaders in the life sciences and chemical analysis. Information about previous recipients is available at www.agilent.com/univ_relation/TLP/index.shtml. Massachusetts General Hospital, founded in 1811, is the original and largest teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV