AMR Plays Its Best Card -- Latin American Strength
TAM is currently a member of Star Alliance, but has said it will depart. "We have made no secret that Oneworld has extended an invitation to TAM," Vahidi said.
For both LAN Colombia and TAM, the codeshares will extend to both carriers' flights between the U.S. and their countries, to American flights between the countries, and to connecting flights within the countries involved. American has about 110 weekly frequencies to Brazil, including service from both New York and Dallas to both Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo, as well as 35 weekly flights from Miami to Bogota, Cali and Medellin. Next year, Dallas-Sao Paulo will become the first flight with service by American's new 777-300ER.
US Airways serves Rio from Charlotte and will add Charlotte-Sao Paulo in 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV