So who would be a buyer of Mine Safety? Cramer said both Honeywell and DuPont (DD) have long histories of making profitable acquisitions in this space, and either could be an acquirer. Mine Safety also sports a respectable 2.7% dividend yield.
No Huddle Offense
Cramer reminded viewers Citi anaylsts issued a buy rating on Apple on Nov 28 at $571 a share, only to reiterate that buy rating just days later. Since then, shares of Apple have slumped to $509 a share, where Citi, just 18 days after its initial recommendation, advised selling the stock. Since advising a sale, shares of Apple are now up to $534.
Cramer said Citi is acting more like traders than analysts and investors need to beware of "research" of this nature. He advised doing your own homework and not blindly following analysts who were clearly panicking that their trade went awry. If you like a stock at $571 a share, he quipped, you should like it a lot more at $509 since it's a lot cheaper.To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV