SYDNEY, Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that Australian fruit and vegetable retailer Harris Farm Markets has selected an IBM Flex System solution to help support its business growth and reduce IT costs and complexity. The solution will significantly boost the performance of its critical systems including its enterprise resource (ERP) system to bolster Harris Farm Markets' commitment of offering its customers the freshest quality produce possible through its 23 stores across New South Wales.
The IBM Flex System deployment underpins a broader solution from Business Partner Hands-on Systems designed to support Harris Farm's continuing growth for at least ten years. As part of its emphasis on scalable efficiency, the solution will reduce Harris Farm's data footprint by up to 80 per cent through real-time data compression; and optimize application performance using IBM's "easy-tier" functionality, which automatically transfers load between high-performance disks and solid state drives during intensive periods of operation.
" Harris Farm's reputation rests on our ability to offer the freshest quality produce possible," said Simon Maizels, Chief Information Officer, Harris Farm Markets. "By optimizing our ERP system with state-of-the-art hardware performance, the IBM Flex System will allow us to build on that reputation by offering us unprecedented capacity and response time when managing our supply lines, analytics and automatic stock replenishment systems. Additionally, the solution will enable us to grow our new online delivery service which we plan to expand to the Sydney metro area in 2013."Working with Hands-on Systems, IBM will provide Harris Farm Markets with a customized Flex System which will include an IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis; two IBM Compute nodes; and an IBM Storwize V7000 storage system.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV