Rayonier (NYSE:RYN) today announced it has acquired approximately 62,600 acres of timberlands in East Texas. The property, purchased from a private ownership group for $88 million, or $1,406 per acre, brings the company’s total ownership in Texas to over 150,000 acres.
“These timberlands, located in one of the most competitive wood baskets in the Gulf States, significantly increase Rayonier’s landholdings in Texas and enable us to better support our existing paper, pulp and solid wood customers,” said Paul G. Boynton, chairman, president and chief executive officer. “With the majority of this property located within 60 miles of the Houston metropolitan area, it also provides tremendous value creation potential for our higher-and-better-use land sales program.”
The timberlands are located principally in Liberty, Polk and Trinity counties. Rayonier owns, leases or manages approximately 2.7 million acres in 10 states in the U.S. and New Zealand.
About RayonierRayonier is a leading international forest products company with three core businesses: Forest Resources, Real Estate and Performance Fibers. The company owns, leases or manages 2.7 million acres of timber and land in the United States and New Zealand. The company's holdings include approximately 200,000 acres with residential and commercial development potential along the Interstate 95 corridor between Savannah, Ga., and Daytona Beach, Fla. Its Performance Fibers business is one of the world's leading producers of high-value specialty cellulose fibers, which are used in products such as filters, pharmaceuticals and LCD screens. Approximately 45 percent of the company's sales are outside the U.S. to customers in approximately 40 countries. Rayonier is structured as a real estate investment trust. More information is available at www.rayonier.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV