- Shoppers will be running right up to Christmas, and beyond. More than half of people (58%) do not anticipate having their shopping done until at least the week before Christmas. More than a quarter of people (26%) expect to be shopping for the holidays right up to Christmas Eve or even after Christmas is over.
- Go-to Gift Cards: Gift cards, purchased either online or via mobile, are the number one choice for people when they realize they need a last minute gift. The majority of people (51%) also claim that gift cards or gift certificates are the top choice when they are looking for something affordable to give for the holidays, followed by homemade baked goods or food and beverages bought from a store.
- Closet or Bed Coat Vote 2012: Where's the best place to put coats during a holiday party - the closet or the bed? Put the argument to rest, as 48% people say the bed, compared to only 38% who choose the closet.
- Just say no go to mistletoe? Sixty-one percent (61%) of people who find themselves under the mistletoe with another holiday party guest would not actually kiss him or her.
- Mail carriers can expect a special delivery this year. Who deserves a holiday gift this year? The survey asked people to share with whom, of all the people who help keep their life running during the year, they would give a holiday gift. Mail carriers were number one, followed by teachers and hair stylists.
Dunkin' Donuts' HoliDDay Fashions Contest Unfolds On Twitter And Instagram
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts