CANTON, Mass., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Are the holidays best with a vest, sweeter with a sweater, and all that with a festive hat? As the holiday season winds down, Dunkin' Donuts, America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, today launched its HoliDDay Fashions Twitter & Instagram contest, inviting people to send photos of themselves in their favorite holiday garb for the chance to win a $100 Dunkin' Donuts mGift. Beginning today and continuing through Friday, December 21, fans can submit their photos to @DunkinDonuts on Twitter or Instagram, using the special hashtag #HoliDDayContest. Dunkin' Donuts will select a total of five winners to receive a $100 mGift. For additional terms and conditions related to Dunkin' Donuts' HoliDDay Fashions Twitter & Instagram contest, please visit: http://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dunkindonuts/en/promotions/HOLIDDAY_FASHIONS_CONTEST.html.
With the home stretch of the holiday season upon us, Dunkin' Donuts also commissioned an independent survey of more than 1,000 Americans, conducted by GfK, to take a closer look at how people keep themselves running through their shopping, parties and meals during the days ahead. Highlights include:
- Shoppers will be running right up to Christmas, and beyond. More than half of people (58%) do not anticipate having their shopping done until at least the week before Christmas. More than a quarter of people (26%) expect to be shopping for the holidays right up to Christmas Eve or even after Christmas is over.
- Go-to Gift Cards: Gift cards, purchased either online or via mobile, are the number one choice for people when they realize they need a last minute gift. The majority of people (51%) also claim that gift cards or gift certificates are the top choice when they are looking for something affordable to give for the holidays, followed by homemade baked goods or food and beverages bought from a store.
- Closet or Bed Coat Vote 2012: Where's the best place to put coats during a holiday party - the closet or the bed? Put the argument to rest, as 48% people say the bed, compared to only 38% who choose the closet.
- Just say no go to mistletoe? Sixty-one percent (61%) of people who find themselves under the mistletoe with another holiday party guest would not actually kiss him or her.
- Mail carriers can expect a special delivery this year. Who deserves a holiday gift this year? The survey asked people to share with whom, of all the people who help keep their life running during the year, they would give a holiday gift. Mail carriers were number one, followed by teachers and hair stylists.
Dunkin' Donuts has a host of delicious beverages to keep people running through the season both at home and on the go. Dunkin' Donuts' holiday lineup features three flavored hot or iced coffee and lattes, including new White Chocolate, as well as classic Peppermint Mocha and Gingerbread. Dunkin' Donuts' new Peppermint Mocha K-Cup® packs make this holiday flavored coffee available at home for use with Keurig K-Cup® single cup brewing systems. Also perfect for holiday parties or gatherings is Dunkin' Donuts' Peppermint Mocha packaged coffee, which is available for a limited time only in an 8-oz size at participating restaurants. Mint Hot Chocolate, available year-round at participating Dunkin' Donuts restaurants, puts a spin on the classic Hot Chocolate, combining the warmth of rich hot chocolate with a cool, invigorating flavor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV