BEDFORD, Mass., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- RSA has expanded the global capabilities of its RSA FraudAction SM service with the opening of a new RSA ® Anti-Fraud Command Center (AFCC) site in the United States in collaboration with Purdue University.
- The Purdue Research Park-based RSA AFCC will become part of the RSA FraudAction 24x7 operation and will be staffed by RSA fraud analysts and Purdue University students.
- The opening of the new RSA AFCC builds on EMC's long-standing IT partnership with Purdue University
RSA, The Security Division of EMC® Corporation (NYSE: EMC), today announced that it has strengthened its global operations for fighting cybercrime with the opening of a new RSA ® Anti Fraud Command Center (AFCC) in collaboration with Purdue University. The RSA AFCC is a 24x7 services operation staffed by expertly trained fraud analysts who work to detect, track, block and shut down phishing, pharming and mobile-app based attacks perpetrated by online fraudsters. The Purdue-based RSA AFCC will leverage the existing relationships RSA has with more than 13,000 web hosting service providers, leading browser developers and ISPs to help ensure the fastest blocking and shut down of phishing sites. To date the RSA FraudAction service has shut down more than 750,000 online attacks globally – a number that is expected to continue growing with the addition of the new center. Located close to the main campus at the Purdue Research Park in West Lafayette, Indiana, the new RSA AFCC will also be a 24x7 organization supporting the RSA FraudAction services globally. The organization will be staffed by highly-qualified students in the computer science department at Purdue University who will be fully trained, supervised and supported by RSA staff to identify and shut down fraudulent phishing sites, deploy countermeasures, and conduct extensive forensic work to help stop online criminals and prevent future attacks and fraudulent activity against RSA FraudAction customers.This latest venture with Purdue University further strengthens EMC's long term IT partnership with the University. Most recently, both EMC and Purdue announced a five-year relationship to address storage needs for the university's students and faculty as well as a plan to develop solutions jointly that can be adapted throughout higher education. With this addition to the EMC and Purdue relationship, RSA is able to widen global support for its anti-fraud services while students are also gaining valuable real-world cyber security experience that will help enhance their computer science education at the university. RSA Executive Quote: Alon Shmilovitz, Head of the RSA Anti-Fraud Command Center "As online fraud becomes more sophisticated and prevalent, the demand for our RSA FraudAction services continues to grow. By opening a new RSA AFCC facility at Purdue, we are not only expanding our base of security analysts and experts that are equipped to fight cybercriminals, but by working with the students we are helping to foster the next generation of security professionals emerging from the University." Purdue Quote: Dr. Gerry McCartney, Vice President, CIO, and Purdue's Olga Oesterle England Professor of Information Technology "As one of our Foundational IT Partners, EMC is doing more than providing equipment for our enterprise. EMC's presence on campus benefits both faculty and students, and gives students the real-world experience they need to be successful in their careers. EMC is a leader in its educational vision and in working with Purdue to help students prepare for the jobs they'll have after they graduate." Featured Resources:
- Learn more about the RSA Anti-Fraud Command Center
- Speaking of Security Blog: Fostering the Next Generation of Security Professionals
- Learn more about Trusted IT from EMC
- Connect with RSA via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and the RSA Speaking of Security Blog and Podcast.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts