BELLEVUE, Wash., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Expedia.com, one of the world's leading online travel agencies, announced today that its highly popular Expedia app is launching on Windows 8. The app is available immediately for free download in the Windows Store.
The new Expedia app, highly popular on previously existing platforms, provides Windows 8 users with the ability to book hotels in a flash. With more than 140,000 hotels to choose from and the ability to save up to 60% off with Expedia exclusive mobile deals, the Expedia app for Windows 8 provides users with both great options and great deals.
"Expedia wanted to build a unique app for Windows 8 users. We invested in an immersive, inviting and fun experience leveraging the native capabilities of the new Windows operating system," said John Kim, Senior Vice President, Global Product, Expedia. "We also wanted to differentiate ourselves from other apps in the Window 8 marketplace. With exclusive mobile deals, verified reviews and real-time availability counts, the Expedia app provides the best way to book the best hotel on your trip."The new app available now in the Windows 8 Store features:
- One of the only apps for Windows 8 users offering mobile exclusive deals. For consumers using Windows 8, they will have special access to Expedia's mobile exclusive deals that can yield savings of up to 60% off.
- Earn valuable Expedia Rewards points with booking. When booking with the new Windows 8 app, users can earn valuable points to redeem flight and hotel bookings through the Expedia Rewards program without the worry of blackout dates.
- Leverage valuable customer insight when booking through Verified Reviews. Users of the app will have access to more than a million Expedia vetted and verified travel reviews written by actual Expedia travelers.
- Ability to search real-time inventory. The Expedia app for Windows 8 has urgency messaging showing users in real time how many rooms are available at a certain property at a certain price point.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV