DETROIT, Dec. 18, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covisint, a Compuware (Nasdaq:CPWR) company, announced today that it is speaking at an Automotive News-hosted webinar on vehicle connectivity on December 18, 2012. The webinar, titled: " Connectivity Beyond the Vehicle : Will OEMs Lose Relevance," will detail how original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) can increase their relevance, revenue and loyalty with the car-buying public given the changing connected consumer landscape.
"True connectivity means so much more than creating the latest interactive dashboard feature; it's about placing the consumer--and not the car--at the center of the digital equation," said Joel Kremke, Senior Vice President, Covisint. "The vehicle is quickly becoming just another 'node' in the car owner's hyper-connected world. This webinar will detail the transformational strategies the auto industry can quickly adopt before losing the digital relevancy race, potentially ceding control to industries like telecom. The good news for auto makers is that they can actually benefit and profit from these dramatic industry changes."
The free webinar, titled: "Connectivity Beyond the Vehicle: Will OEMs Lose Relevance?," examines the relationship OEMs should embrace as connectivity options proliferate. That proliferation includes more than 90 million Internet-connected cars by 2016, including 50 billion connected devices by 2020, with smart phones playing an increasingly pivotal role."The exponential connectivity growth means that automakers need to ensure high-quality, high-reliability owner security and communication in the cloud," said Dr. Warren Ritchie, Director, CGS Advisors, LLC. "Traditionally, automakers have focused on feature sets--an auto-centric approach. Increasingly, OEMs will need to adopt a customer-centric approach focusing on the entire ownership experience both inside and outside the vehicle; it's the new and only path to relevancy and customer loyalty."
- What: Webinar on connectivity in the vehicle, hosted by Covisint and Automotive News and featuring Dr. Warren Ritchie (CGS Advisors, LLC) and Joel Kremke (Covisint)
- Who should attend: C-level, VP-level and management executives in automotive, manufacturing, technology and related industries interested in how connectivity trends will dramatically re-shape vehicle connectivity.
- What to expect: Discussions on the "vehicle as a touch-point;" customer- and owner-focused digital marketing strategies; how OEMs can successfully compete
- When: 2 p.m. on Tuesday, December 18, 2012
- How to register: www.autonews.com/webinar12182012
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV