GT Advanced Technologies (NASDAQ: GTAT) today announced its guidance range for the fourth quarter ending December 31, 2012 and provided its preliminary outlook for fiscal year 2013 ending December 31, 2013.
For Q4CY12 and CY12 the company provided the following guidance:
- Revenue in the range of $95 million to $102 million in Q4CY12; $726 million to $733 million in CY12 with approximately 62% of CY12 revenue from polysilicon, 31% from sapphire, and 7% from PV
- The company expects to take a charge of $80 million to $90 million related to the write down of the majority of its DSS inventory and other inventory related charges. Excluding the effect of this charge, gross margin is expected in the range of 34% to 36% in Q4CY12; 38% to 40% in CY12
The company is evaluating potential impairment related to goodwill,
long-lived assets & other intangibles for the PV business that could
impact Q4CY12. Excluding the impact of any such potential impairments,
the company expects:
- Operating expenses in the range of $49 million to $51 million in Q4CY12; $151 million to $153 million in CY12.
- Research and development expenses in the range of $23 million to $25 million in Q4CY12; $71 million to 73 million in CY12.
- Capital expenditures in the range of $5 million to $7 million in Q4CY12; $41 million to $43 million in CY12
- An effective tax rate of 39% for CY12, excluding the charges related to inventory and any potential impairment charges
- Non-GAAP earnings per share on a fully-diluted basis from a loss of $0.05 to a loss of $0.10 in Q4CY12; $0.77 to $0.82 in CY12. The non-GAAP EPS range is based on a diluted outstanding share count of 121 million shares for CY12 and excludes the impact related to the inventory charges and any potential impairment charges related to goodwill, long-lived assets or intangibles as well as restructuring charges, stock compensation expense, contingent consideration, non-cash interest expense, amortization of intangible assets and acquisition expenses
- Balance sheet at the end of CY12 reflecting cash & cash equivalents of over $400 million and total debt of approximately $300 million
- The company expects to end CY12 with a backlog of approximately $1.2 billion. Based on current market conditions and uncertainty relative to the delivery timing of certain orders in backlog the company expects that approximately 25% of this backlog is at risk.
The company will report final Q4CY12 and CY12 results in February 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV