Saba (NASDAQ: SABA), the premier provider of people-centric enterprise solutions, today announced that Gartner, Inc., has positioned it as a “Leader” in the 2012 “Magic Quadrant for Web Conferencing” report. The report provides guidance for organizations that are looking to implement web conferencing solutions by analyzing and comparing 12 vendors based on their ability to execute and completeness of vision.
“Web conferencing is now a key capability for specific business processes, and a requirement for strategic unified communications and collaboration buying decisions.”*
“Integration of Web-conferencing capabilities with social networking and business applications and processes is emerging. Video and mobile support is now a key requirement for enterprises looking to invest in Web-conferencing tools.”*“More than ever, Web-conferencing decisions need to be made in light of other decisions about communications and collaboration infrastructure. Mobility and video support have also emerged as core decision criteria when buyers evaluate Web-conferencing offerings.”* Saba Executive Quote “We believe our position as a Leader in this year’s Magic Quadrant is confirmation of Saba’s strong focus on the kinds of innovation that our over 2,100 customers are using to transform the way they work,” said Emily He, senior vice president of marketing, Saba. “As the market continues to evolve with technologies such as social and mobile, customers can leverage Saba Meeting, a unified collaboration platform that combines HD video, real-time collaboration and mobile to increase levels of engagement and support the new way of work.” Saba Real-Time Collaboration Suite Highlights
- Engaging Telepresence-like Experience: Saba’s real-time collaboration platform delivers low-bandwidth optimized high definition (HD) video and recording, voice-over-IP (VOIP) and content sharing for instant real-time meetings, virtual classes and webinars of up to 3000 participants in a live event. With support for eight simultaneous live video feeds, users can benefit from “face-to-face” interactions with team members, classmates, partners and customers across the extended enterprise.
- Higher ROI: Built for delivering high-quality content and audio over low bandwidth connections, Saba's satellite architecture enables web conferencing traffic to be routed efficiently across a company's WAN, quelling bandwidth concerns tied to increased use of the platform and adoption of HD video. Saba’s web conferencing platform enables enterprises to leverage their existing infrastructure to extend unified communication and collaboration in the context of their business processes.
- Mobile Collaboration Across the Extended Enterprise: End users can schedule, lead or simply attend a meeting, interact with classmates, and participate in webinars using mobile devices, including the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Android smartphones and tablets. Through a native application, users can communicate, collaborate, and access training or learning materials on the go by accessing one integrated suite, through one mobile application.
- Increased Engagement by Combining Real-time and Social Collaboration: When combined with Saba’s social enterprise platform, Saba People Cloud, users can leverage this unified “social web conferencing” platform with other employees, partners and customers to take advantage of HD video meetings, group discussions, chat, activity streams, mobile collaboration, and YouTube-like video channels.
- New Saba Enterprise Cloud Helps Transform Organizations into People-Centric Businesses
- Educational Leaders Leverage Saba Meeting to Mobilize Interactive Learning Communities
- Saba Unveils Breakthrough Video Collaboration Platform
- Embry-Riddle University’s Interactive Virtual Classrooms Powered by the Saba People Cloud Dynamically Enable Global Learning