LOS ANGELES, Dec. 18, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Motorcar Parts of America, Inc. (Nasdaq:MPAA) today reported results for its fiscal 2013 second quarter ended September 30, 2012 – reflecting record results for its rotating electrical business and continued progress in the undercar product line transition, which is expected to be completed by May 2013.
Net sales for the fiscal 2013 second quarter increased to $111.6 million from $107.6 million for the same period last year. As anticipated, due to the operating losses of the company's undercar product line segment as the transition and turnaround continues, the company reported a consolidated net loss for the fiscal 2013 second quarter of $8.9 million, or $0.62 per share, compared with a consolidated net loss of $5.4 million, or $0.44 per share, for the comparable period a year earlier. Excluding certain undercar-related transition and non-cash expenses noted in the Reconciliation of Non-GAAP Financial Measures tables below, results for the fiscal 2013 second quarter on a consolidated basis would have been a net income of $358,000, or $0.02 per share.
For the fiscal 2013 second quarter, net income for the rotating electrical segment more than doubled to $6.5 million from $3.0 million for the prior year second quarter. Operating income for the rotating electrical segment increased to $13.5 million for the fiscal 2013 second quarter compared with $5.5 million a year ago. On a non-GAAP adjusted basis, EBITDA for the company's rotating electrical segment was $14.0 million compared with $8.8 million for the same period a year earlier.Consolidated gross profit for the fiscal 2013 second quarter was $16.7 million compared with $15.0 million for the same period a year ago. Gross profit as a percentage of net sales for the fiscal 2013 second quarter was 15.0 percent compared with 13.9 percent in the same quarter a year ago.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV