SUNNYVALE, Calif., Dec. 18, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Alpha and Omega Semiconductor Limited (AOS) (Nasdaq:AOSL), a designer, developer and global supplier of a broad range of power semiconductors, today released a family of low on-resistance 8V, 20V, and 30V MOSFETs in the ultra-thin molded chip scale package ( MCSP). The MCSP devices feature a maximum height of only 0.3mm to provide a perfect solution for ultra-slim designs. Compared to existing CSP solutions the new family reduces package height by 50% and improves the overall mechanical robustness of the package. The noteworthy performance enhancements offered by the MCSP technology, make these new devices ideal for the latest ultra-portable applications such as smart phones, tablet PCs, Ultrabooks, and other mobile hand-held devices.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=16326
The proprietary MCSP packaging technology encapsulates AOS's low on-resistance MOSFET silicon in a protective Green (halogen-free) molding compound. The resulting product provides a thinner and more robust structure to solve die chipping and placement issues associated with standard CSP products. The new family of MCSP devices offers major performance benefits and at the same time can easily replace industry standard CSP devices by offering the same footprint, pin-out, and pitch."The new family of molded chip scale devices, offer our customers an unparalleled solution for space and height constrained ultra-portable designs. The combination of AOS's advanced packaging and MOSFET silicon technologies allow designers to keep pushing the space and height limits of advanced ultra-portable applications," said Peter Wilson, Director of Low Voltage MOSFETs at AOS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV