In the last month, the stock soared another 10% higher. When it comes to Walgreens, two thoughts come to mind. The first and most important for long term investors is Walgreens is the market leader, and they have pharmacy down to a science. Everyone else is playing catch up. If you're a "road warrior" (travel a lot for business) and regularly take medications, Walgreens is almost mandatory. There is no easier way to get a refill than to use Walgreens in case of lost/empty meds.
The second thought is for those seeking an ideal entry or shorter term investors. Walgreens isn't overbought, so I would not short it, but has a likely chance to retrace some of the recent gains. For the conservative investor, look for a price in the $36 to $36.50 range for entry.
After you enter or increase your position, start enjoying the large 3%-plus yield. The yield will not only improve your portfolio prognosis, but the low payout ratio is the cure.
Presently, based on the float the short interest is unimportant and not a worry. The small amount of short interest is 2.4%.WAG Revenue Per Share TTM data by YCharts
C data by YCharts
Citigroup (C) Citigroup, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 100 countries. Citigroup trades an average of 39.2 million shares per day with a market cap of $115 billion. 52 Week High: $38.72 Beta: 1.58 Price to Book: 0.59
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV