- ASV up 7% organically year over year
- Diluted EPS rose 12% to $1.11
NORWALK, Conn., Dec. 18, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FactSet Research Systems Inc. (NYSE:FDS) (Nasdaq:FDS), a leading provider of integrated financial information and analytical applications to the global investment community, today announced its results for the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
For the quarter ended November 30, 2012 revenues increased to $211.1 million, up 7.5% compared to the prior year. Included in this total was $2.7 million of revenue from StreetAccount. Operating income for the first quarter rose to $71.1 million from $66.8 million in the same period of fiscal 2012. Net income advanced 9.3% to $49.8 million compared to $45.5 million a year ago. Diluted earnings per share increased 12.1% to $1.11, up from $0.99 in the same period of fiscal 2012. The acquisition of StreetAccount in June 2012 did not have an impact on FactSet's fiscal 2013 first quarter diluted earnings per share.Consolidated Statements of Income
|(Condensed and Unaudited)||Three Months Ended|
|(In thousands, except per share data)||2012||2011||Change|
|Provision for income taxes||21,744||21,486||1.2%|
|Diluted earnings per share||$1.11||$0.99||12.1%|
|Diluted weighted average shares||44,984||46,103|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV