Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (NYSE:JEC) announced today that it is the lead design sub-consultant to Walsh Construction Co., the company selected as the preferred bidder for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet’s ( KYTC) Downtown Crossing Interstate 65 bridge over the Ohio River in downtown Louisville, Ky.
Officials estimate the construction value to be $860 million.
Under the terms of the sub-consulting agreement, Jacobs is responsible for the design of a signature cable-stayed bridge, a major interchange in Louisville and a smaller interchange and connection on the Indiana side of the Ohio River.
In making the announcement, Jacobs Group Vice President Kevin McMahon stated, "We are delighted to be on Walsh Construction’s world-class team for this project. We are pleased to have the opportunity to help KYTC meet the cross-river transportation needs of the Louisville and Southern Indiana region."Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and construction services. Statements made in this release that are not based on historical fact are forward-looking statements. We base these forward-looking statements on management’s current estimates and expectations as well as currently available competitive, financial and economic data. Forward-looking statements, however, are inherently uncertain. There are a variety of factors that could cause business results to differ materially from our forward-looking statements. For a description of some of the factors which may occur that could cause actual results to differ from our forward-looking statements please refer to our 2011 Form 10-K, and in particular the discussions contained under Items 1 - Business, 1A - Risk Factors, 3 - Legal Proceedings, and 7 - Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations. We do not undertake to update any forward-looking statements made herein.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV