TAIPEI, Taiwan, Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- GigaMedia Limited (NASDAQ: GIGM) ("GigaMedia") today provided a preview of the company's new, self-developed GigaCloud platform, demonstrating a bundle of new products at an event in Taipei that was attended by the media, industry professionals and potential partners.
GigaCloud is an integrated platform of cloud-based tools and services for SMEs -- a simple, efficient way for SMEs to outsource their critical IT needs and upgrade their business with technology that provides cost savings, productivity improvements, and flexibility.
"We are delighted to unveil our cloud offerings and begin educating the market on the benefits our services will provide," stated GigaMedia Chief Executive Officer Collin Hwang. "Many SMEs rely on legacy IT and communications systems and have no in-house IT support; they need flexible, mobile and affordable technology solutions that leverage the Web to improve their business, which is driving a global migration to new cloud solutions."
"Our bundled solutions will allow SMEs to get their businesses online and collaborating faster, delivering significant productivity gains and dramatically lowering telecommunications costs," stated CEO Collin Hwang.Traditional communications systems cost thousands of dollars to set up and maintain and costs vary monthly. GigaCloud eliminates the need for complex hardware, lengthy installation, and technical support, providing SMEs with the power and flexibility of advanced communications systems that are simple, affordable and accessible in and out of the office. GigaCloud will initially include the following bundle of services:
- Cloud-based PBX services that greatly lower telecom costs and increase quality and flexibility, including unlimited local and reduced rate domestic and international long distance service;
- Cloud storage for file and data editing and sharing anywhere, anytime;
- Cloud faxing with Web-based transmission and storage making faxing simple and mobile;
- Video surveillance, including a Web cam that will allow for off-site monitoring; and
- Cloud leasing, including leasing of cloud services and related hardware that will provide SMEs an affordable way to grow.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV