HONOLULU, Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Alexander & Baldwin, Inc. (NYSE: ALEX)(A&B or Company) announced that Scott W. Hayashi has joined the Company as director, tax, effective today. He will oversee tax compliance, income tax accounting and tax research and planning for A&B and its subsidiaries. Hayashi will report to Paul K. Ito, A&B's senior vice president, chief financial officer, treasurer and controller.
"Scott brings a wealth of experience and knowledge in tax planning and implementation, including mergers and acquisitions, tax compliance and analysis, tax research and consulting, and accounting for income taxes," Ito said. "His experience in overseeing U.S. domestic and international tax matters for a Fortune 500 company, as well as his extensive tax consulting experience, will serve us well as A&B continues to grow and evolve."
Hayashi has more than 17 years of experience in the tax profession. He most recently held the position of senior international tax counsel and international tax manager at Apple Inc., where he worked for seven years, before relocating to Hawaii to join A&B. Prior to that, he served as a senior manager in Deloitte & Touche's international tax practice in San Francisco, California after beginning his career in St. Louis, Missouri as a tax associate in Deloitte & Touche LLP's general tax practice.Hayashi is a licensed attorney specializing in tax in the state of California. He earned a juris doctorate with a concentration in tax from Washington University School of Law and a bachelor of science, business administration degree with a double major in finance and accounting from Georgetown University. He is a graduate of Punahou School in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV