Liberty Global, Inc. (“Liberty Global” or “LGI”) (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) today announces that its wholly-owned subsidiary Binan Investments B.V. (“Binan”) has opened its voluntary and conditional cash offer (the “Offer”) for the outstanding shares and other securities giving access to voting rights of Telenet Group Holding NV (“Telenet”) (Euronext Brussels: TNET) that it does not already own or that are not held by Telenet. The prospectus sets forth the next steps in the bid process and provides further justification of the Offer price and its attractiveness for minority shareholders. Shareholders will have until 16:00 (CET) on January 11, 2013 to tender their securities into the Offer before the initial acceptance period closes.
Liberty Global believes that an Offer price of €35.00 per ordinary share is highly attractive for Telenet shareholders and provides a meaningful premium to relevant benchmarks.
At a time when the cable sector is trading at multi-year highs, the Offer represents additional value for shareholders in terms of 1:
- A 12.5% premium to the September 19, 2012 Telenet closing share price, a 25.2% premium over the volume weighted average share price during the 12-month period then ended and a 4.9% premium over Telenet’s all-time high trading price prior to the announcement of the Offer;
- A 15.2% premium to Telenet’s peer group (Ziggo N.V. (“Ziggo”), Kabel Deutschland Holding AG (“KDG”), Virgin Media, Inc. (“Virgin Media”) and LGI) trading multiples based on 2013 estimated EBITDA 2 minus estimated capital expenditures 3 , which in LGI’s view, is the most appropriate valuation metric as it eliminates accounting differences and captures varying investment requirements;
- A 2.9% premium to equity research analysts’ average and median future target prices of €34.00 ; and
- A significant premium of 17.4% over the mid-point discounted cash flow (“DCF”)-based valuation of €29.80 per share, based on the LGI Adjusted May LRP 4 .
The Offer represents an opportunity for minority shareholders to monetize their investment in Telenet at an attractive price and through an expeditious process.Liberty Global has enjoyed a constructive relationship with Telenet, starting with its initial investment eight years ago and continuing as majority controlling shareholder for the last five years. As a result, LGI has a deep understanding of Telenet’s business as well as the nature and magnitude of its risks and opportunities. LGI has drawn on its 20+ years of experience in the European cable sector in making its assessment of the future growth prospects of Telenet and the appropriate valuation and premiums to be offered to Telenet’s minority shareholders. The details of these assessments are provided in full in the prospectus.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts