In 2011, SDG&E delivered 20.8 percent of its retail sales with renewable energy. It also signed 17 new renewable energy contracts for a combined total of 1,482 MW. This year, the company has signed 13 renewable energy contracts, bringing the total number of megawatts signed over the past two years to 1,879 MW.
SDG&E has been a national leader in providing opportunities for DBE natural gas businesses for more than 20 years. In 2011, SDG&E purchased more than $65.5 million, or 34 percent, of natural gas for electric generation supply from DBE suppliers. Starting in 2011, SDG&E began planning for the California Public Utilities Commission Supplier Diversity Program's new requirement to report on DBE spending in electric procurement.
Overall, in 2011 SDG&E reported that 38.13 percent of products and services were provided by DBEs. SDG&E spent a total of $546 million on purchases with women, minority, and service-disabled veteran-owned businesses in 2011 – a nearly 42 percent increase in spending over 2010.
SDG&E is a regulated public utility that provides safe and reliable energy service to 3.4 million consumers through 1.4 million electric meters and more than 850,000 natural gas meters in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The utility's area spans 4,100 square miles. SDG&E is committed to creating ways to help customers save energy and money every day. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE), a Fortune 500 energy services holding company based in San Diego.(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110106/MM26476LOGO) SOURCE San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV