HOUSTON, TEXAS, Dec. 17, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Halcón Resources Corporation (NYSE: HK) ("Halcón") today announced that it has set a record date and a meeting date for the special meeting of stockholders to consider and act upon the following proposals:
- the issuance of approximately 108.8 million shares of Halcón common stock upon the conversion of the convertible preferred stock issued to Petro-Hunt Holdings, LLC and an affiliated entity in connection with Halcón's previously announced acquisition of two entities owning producing and undeveloped oil and gas assets in the Williston Basin
- the amendment of Halcón's certificate of incorporation to increase its authorized common stock by approximately 333.3 million shares for a total of 670.0 million authorized shares of common stock
Halcón stockholders of record at the close of business on Monday, December 10, 2012, will be entitled to receive the notice of, and to vote at, the Halcón special meeting. The Halcón special meeting will be held on Thursday, January 17, 2013, at 10:00 a.m., local time, at the principal executive offices of Halcón located at 1000 Louisiana St., Suite 6700, Houston, Texas 77002.
About Halcón ResourcesHalcón Resources Corporation is an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, production, exploration and development of onshore oil and natural gas properties in the United States. Forward-Looking Statements This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Statements that are not strictly historical statements constitute forward-looking statements and may often, but not always, be identified by the use of such words such as "expects", "believes", "intends", "anticipates", "plans", "estimates", "potential", "possible", or "probable" or statements that certain actions, events or results "may", "will", "should", or "could" be taken, occur or be achieved. Forward-looking statements are based on current beliefs and expectations and involve certain assumptions or estimates that involve various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those reflected in the statements. These risks include, but are not limited to, those set forth in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2011, Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2012 and other filings submitted by the Company to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), copies of which may be obtained from the SEC's website at www.sec.gov or through the Company's website at www.halconresources.com . Readers should not place undue reliance on any such forward-looking statements, which are made only as of the date hereof. The Company has no duty, and assumes no obligation, to update forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or changes in the Company's expectations. Additional Information Halcón has filed a proxy statement and other documents with the SEC containing proposals relating to the conversion of the preferred stock issued in the transaction described above and soliciting stockholder approval. INVESTORS AND SECURITY HOLDERS ARE URGED TO READ THE PROXY STATEMENT AND OTHER DOCUMENTS FILED WITH THE SEC AS WELL AS ANY AMENDMENTS OR SUPPLEMENTS TO THOSE DOCUMENTS, BECAUSE THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Investors and security holders may obtain these documents free of charge at the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. You may also obtain these documents free of charge at www.halconresources.com. You may also read and copy any reports, statements and other information filed by Halcón with the SEC at the SEC public reference room at 100 F Street N.E., Room 1580, Washington, D.C. 20549. Please call the SEC at (800) 732-0330 or visit the SEC's website for further information on its public reference room.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV